AXAGON EEM2-SA USB micro-B 3.2 Gen 1 - M.2 SATA SSD 30-80mm screwless RIBBED box
External aluminum box AXAGON EEM2-SA with USB 3.2 Gen1 interface is designed for SATA M.2 SSD disks. The USB Micro-B connector on the box and included USB Micro-B -> USB-A cable enables a reliable connection to computer.
The ribbed design and metal body provides very good cooling of the inserted M.2 SSD disk. This extends its service life and also prevents the disk from slowing down, so-called "Thermal Throttling". The robust box body also provides sufficient disk protection.
SATA 6G interface with UASP support allows you to enjoy the speed of modern SSD drives. TRIM support to reduce gradual degradation of SSD performance over time. Reading S.M.A.R.T. information that monitors the status of the disk.
SATA M.2 SSD drives can be used in the external box. The advantage is easy mounting of four different lengths of SSD cards – 30, 42, 60 and 80 mm. M.2 cards can be single-sided or double-sided. The box does not limit the capacity of inserted SSD.
Screwless box opening facilitates assembly and disassembly of the M.2 SSD disk. Disk replacement is quick and easy, thus expanding the possibilities of using the box, e.g. for data migration, testing, etc.
By inserting the M.2 SSD in the box you will easily create fast compact external disk. The box can be used with computers and notebooks, as well as with mobile phones and tablets with OTG support.
• USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0) SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps.
• Speed up to 5 Gbit/s.
• Connection via USB Micro-B female connector.
• SATA M.2 SSD disks,
• designed for B+M-key and B-key card formats,
• NGFF 75-pin B-key slot for M.2 SATA drives.
• Compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen 2), USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0), backward compatible with USB 2.0.
• Supports transmission rates 5000 / 480 Mbit/s (SuperSpeed / HighSpeed).
• Support of B+M key or B-key SATA (AHCI) M.2 SSDs without maximum capacity limitation.
• Support of M.2 drives with a size of 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 mm.
• Support of both one-sided and double-sided M.2 SSDs.
• Compliant with Serial ATA 3.2 specification (SATA/600), bit rates of up to 6 Gb/s (600 MB/s).
• Compliant with USB Mass Storage Class specification.
• The total box bandwidth / transmission rate is determined by used disk (theoretically up to 650 MB/s).
• Supports BOT (Bulk-Only Transport).
• Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI) for faster data transmission in Windows 8 and later.
• Supports TRIM functionality to limit gradual degradation of the SSD performance over time.
• Supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) system monitoring disk condition.
• SSD boot support in external box.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Power supply via USB bus up to 900mA from one USB port is sufficient in all cases.
• A decent LED indication shining through elegant ribbing signals the connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• Heavy-duty aluminium body helps to cool the M.2 SSD disk.
• Connection via USB 3.2 Gen 1 Micro-B female connector.
• USB Micro-B <-> USB-A cable 60 cm long is included.
• External box dimensions 116 x 39 x 14 mm.
• External box weight 47 g (without USB cable and M.2 SSD disk).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11 and later, Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019 / 2022 and later (all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS versions are supported), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and higher, Android (OS and device support required).
• Note: Drivers are included with supported operating systems and are installed completely automatically. No other drivers need to be installed.
• USB 3.2 Gen 1 external box for SATA M.2 SSD,
• USB Micro-B <-> USB-A cable 60 cm long,
• printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box with a hanging hole.