AXAGON PCEM2-DC PCI-E 3.0 4x - DUAL M.2 SSD (NVMe + SATA)
The internal AXAGON PCEM2-DC adapter allows to connect up to two M.2 SSDs to a desktop. So, it is an ideal choice for upgrading a desktop that has no M.2 slot.
The adapter supports the use of both one-sided and double-sided SATA and NVMe (PCI Express) M.2 SSDs. The reduction does not limit SSD capacity, and any M.2 cards with a length up to 110 mm can be used. The simultaneous operation of both disks is commonplace.
Thanks to PCI-Express 3.0 4-lane interface compatible with x4, x8 and x16 slots, a speed as high as 8GBps can be achieved. When compared to standard SATA SSDs, bit rates of NVMe SSDs are many times higher.
The high quality card design, including copper-plated vents, assists in a better dissipation of heat generated during the M.2 SSDs operation. A metal cover with fan and an attached passive cooler, incl. thermal pads, assist in M.2 SSDs cooling. It results in an ideal combination of passive and active cooling of M.2 SSDs and heat removal. Thanks to the cooling and temperature reduction by up to 35°C, it is possible to use the maximum power of deployed SSDs.
Double blue LEDs indicate either power on or data transfer in the M.2 slot. The package also contains a low profile blanking plug for mounting the adapter into low profile cases.
• PCI-Express 3.0 interface compatible with PCI-Express 1.0a / 1.1 / 2.0 / 2.1.
• Number of 4-Lane lines, compatible with x4 / x8 / x16 PCIe slots.
• Bandwidth of 4-Lane PCI-Express 3.0 bus of up to 8 GB/s (two-way).
• SATA connector to connect the motherboard when a SATA M.2 SSD is used.
To achieve the best possible bit rates, the use of a SATA 6G controller is recommended.
• NGFF 75-pin M-key slot to install the NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSDs.
• NGFF 75-pin B-key slot to install the SATA (AHCI) M.2 SSDs.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Support of M.2 disks of any size - 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 mm.
• Support of M.2 disks of any capacity.
• Simultaneous operation of both disks.
• Support of both one-sided and double-sided M.2 disks.
• A better dissipation of heat from M.2 SSDs thanks to copper-plated vents.
• A metal cover with fan supplied from the card.
• An auxiliary fin cooler to provide a superior cooling option for M.2 SSD.
• Support of booting from SSD card.
• No drivers need to be installed.
• Card dimensions: 140 x 68 x 17 mm, weight 111 g.
• Note: CAUTION! The adapter allows to insert B+M-key disks in both M.2 slots. It is important to check the disk parameters, i.e. to make sure whether the disk is designed for SATA or NVMe (PCI-Express) interface, and to connect it to the right slot. SATA SSDs are connected to B-key slot, NVMe SSDs are connected to M-key slot.
• The adapter is directly supplied from PCI-Express bus; no external power supply is needed.
• The system of dual power supply ensures a sufficient power for connected M.2 SSDs.
• In addition, the system of redundant power supply reduces the adapter thermal load.
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2016 (all 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions of OS Windows are supported), Linux with kernel 2.6.31 and higher.
• Note: When operating under Windows 7, contact the manufacturer of the M.2 SSD to find whether this OS is supported, especially when NVMe disks are used.
• PCI-Express adapter with a standard blanking plug and a cover with fan,
• passive cooler for M.2 SSD and 2 thermal pads,
• low profile blanking plug,
• mounting material and a screwdriver,
• printed installation manual CZ / EN / DE / ESP / FR / HU / IT / PL / RO / RU / SK / BG,
• packed in a cardboard box with clearly indicated parameters.